Saturday, April 6, 2013

Chapter 5


I had barely slept that night and when I was at school all I could think about was Richie. Would he be like I imagined? Would he be funny like he’s on the interviews? Would he smell good like everyone says he does? What would he be wearing? What would I be wearing? Oh boy… I mentally kicked myself for not thinking about that before, I had to look presentable enough after all he was a celebrity…

***

The rest of the day went smoothly; I had lunch with my friends, finished my classes and I was home by 4 p.m.
Surprisingly, Mary (my “mom”) asked me about my day, she had never done that before.
“It was good, thanks”- I had answered
I went up to my room, took a shower and dressed an old Giants sweatshirt that was almost two sizes bigger than mine and grey leggins. I was really nervous; after all it’s not every day that you sneak out of the house with your best friend and her parents (who didn’t even know half of the story) to go to a concert and, possibly, to meet your idol!
I picked my favorite pair of black pants, a white turtleneck shirt and my white converse and I stuffed into the bag pack. The weather was cold and rainy, besides I couldn’t go to a rock concert wearing a dress and high heels…
I had agreed with Nat that she would be picking me up at 11 p.m. All I had to do was to have my bag pack ready and to tie my sheets tight so that I could jump the window without ending up in a hospital bed.

***

That night, after diner, I helped Mary washing the dishes, made my homework and, by 10.45 p.m. I was already up on my room, allegedly sleeping. I was used to go to bed early so Mary and Carl didn’t really suspect anything.
I looked around my room thinking that maybe a week from that day I would do the same but as me; not has the scarred little girl that was afraid from the world. Maybe.
Mentally shaking those thoughts out of my head, I opened my closet and grabbed a few pillows to put under the covers, so that if Carl or Mary went to my room, in the middle of the night, wouldn't notice I was missing. I chuckled- how many times did I see teens do this kinda stuff in movies?  Apparently too many…- My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of what appeared to be small stones hitting the windowsill. It was time.
I grabbed the ladder that I’d made with sheets and threw it out of the window, knotting the end of it on the windowsill, grabbed my bag pack and slid all the way, down to the grass. Nat was already waiting for me on the other side of the street by the old bench, like we had agreed to do.
“Finally!”- She said
“Sorry, I got here as fast as I could”
“It’s okay. Excited?”
“Yes! And you know what? I’ve never been so excited about a weekend…”-I smiled
“I’m sharing the feeling sistah!”- Nat said, laughing
We were both clearly excited. Not only it was the first time that we were doing a sleepover but we were going to a concert together. A concert that promised to be a night to remember…

No comments:

Post a Comment